Following Kraken’s listing of Solana (SOL) on June 17 for most countries, Kraken is excited to announce the availability of Solana trading and staking for residents of the USA, Canada and Australia.
- Deposits and withdrawals for SOL are open.
- Trading is live for SOL now!
- Staking is also available for SOL with up to 6.5% in yearly rewards!
- SOL trading and staking is not available for residents of Japan.
Deposit SOL Now!
Here’s a rundown on Solana.
Solana – Solana is a blockchain platform that aims to increase user scalability through faster transaction settlement times. The Solana software includes a flexible infrastructure that allows developers to write and launch smart contracts using multiple programming languages. The SOL cryptocurrency plays a key role in maintaining and operating the Solana ecosystem and is used to execute smart contracts, send transactions, and incentivize actors that support the network.
What time will funding, trading and staking start?
Solana (SOL) will be available for trading in USD, EUR, GBP and BTC.
How to deposit
- Navigate to “Funding” > Select the asset. You can find the asset either by ticking “Show all assets” or by searching (e.g for “SOL”).
- Click “Deposit” next to the asset and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to Stake
- Navigate to “Earn”
- Click on ‘STAKING’ and then select the asset you would like to stake.
- Input the amount of the asset that you would like to stake and follow the on-screen instructions
Confirmations required before deposits credit
Fees and Funding Minimums
Which services will be available for SOL?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even which assets we are considering. All of Kraken’s listed tokens are available on our website, and all future tokens will be announced on Kraken’s blog and social media profiles. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.